Thursday, October 4, 2012

"Healthy" Chocolate Chippie Cookies

I say healthy because they have a bunch of rolled oats in them. So completely healthy.

My son saw these in my new Dish Baking Magazine. He wanted them, of course I agreed. Dish is a foodie magazine and the other day I was thinking how great it would be to have all their baking in one place. Next time I was in the supermarket that's exactly what I found. Perfect!!!!!

I was telling Blair about my day, he was at work and I said I was making biscuits. For some reason he got it in his head I was making some other biscuits so when he got home he was most upset to see they weren't the super duper fattening (but oh so good) one but these ones instead. I had to point out that these were what Ryan wanted and Ryan had eaten a good chunk of them.

We had a play date so I was able to take Chocolate chippie biscuits AND the remanding Jam Drops. Yeah I looked pretty good ;)

Double Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Cookies:
1 and 1/2 cups flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground all spice
3/4 cup each of white and dark chocolate (I used milk instead of dark, kids wont eat dark)
3/4 cup melted butter about 150 grams I think
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 caster sugar (I used normal white sugar, it was fine)
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Both sugars and melted butter in to a bowl and mix well. Add vanilla and eggs, mix again. Put in the remaining ingredients. Mix.

Take big teaspoon amounts of the mix and place on a lined tray. Give them room to spread. Takes about 10 mins on 170 degrees or until nice and golden.


This is all that is left, so whilst Blair didn't like them.... Kids seem to love them.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment