Friday, October 26, 2012

Gutted...

I haven't done markets in a while. With being pregnant and the baby, plus (shhhhh) I find them very frustrating. People tend to be out for a bargain here in NZ. After all my quilts were $40, I very much doubt that would cover the costs of the fabrics if I brought them outright and the my merino is waaaay cheaper than in shops. I sold three baby hats, so $30 for an evenings work. But, it was a night out of the house and I managed to catch up with a bunch of friends and people I hadn't seen in a long time. And I keep telling myself we are coming into summer, but my quilts??!!?? I thought I would have sold at least one



I didn't get home till after 10, so a bit, well a lot, on the grumpy side.

Tx

2 comments:

  1. Don't be gutted...be encouraged that most of us have tried markets and have received the same response...I have learnt that I must not see it as a reflection on my craft but a reflection of society wanting something for next to nothing. I am sure you will find some very keen buyers for your quilts other than at markets. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bron, it was a long night with a tired baby, all better today with my little vent:)

      Delete