Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fruit and Oat Slice

I belong to a few Stay at Home Mum/Baking/Living Cheaply sites. I get e-mail newsletters from a bunch of them and today there was an email from Kidspot about Muesli Bars. I know that bars aren't the healthiest things in the world. They are one of those "trick" healthy foods that really aren't! But they are tasty. Since the email came and I was needed some pretend healthy food I made up a slice and have tried a piece and it is very nice!

 It has fruit in it so very much healthy!!!!

www.kidspot.co.nz is the site, it has a bunch of kids and parenting and food and stuff like that.

Fruit and Oat Square:
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sultanas or raisins
1/2 dried apricots cut into small pieces
125 gram butter
2 tablespoon water
2 tablespoon golden syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda

Oven at 180 degree, will bake for 10 to 15 mins.
Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. In a pot melt the butter, water and golden syrup together. Once all melted pour into dried ingredients and mix. Put into a tin about 24 cm by 29 cm. I just used a large cake tin. Squish it all in and bake. Yum!!

I made another hat, not for Adele, a lady from my old Play centre asked if I could make some for her children. So I am, this is for her girl. I am making a bucket hat for her son and I think she wants a bucket for her daughter too. I can't remember but if she doesn't want two they make perfect gifts.

Tx



No comments:

Post a Comment