Sunday, October 7, 2012

Summer Skirt

I was asked to make a hat, the only instructions, no pink. So for what ever reason when I went fabric shopping I brought a lovely piece of floral with bright pink flowers. So silly of me. Instead of a hat I made Adele a wee summer skirt.




I cut the fabric the whole width, the length, I lay one of her skirts from last year on the fabric, added a couple of inches and cut straight across.

I wanted a little detail but nothing too full on. After all she is getting quite a collection of full on skirts. I took to WOF strips, 2.5 inches and lightly gathered them and then sewed them straight on to the skirt. I ironed the gathered piece of fabric to get it nice and flat. I stitched it on, top and bottom so it sat flat on the skirt too. Added a white waistband, hemmed and done.

She is a little under the weather today. Vomiting, swollen glands, trip to the doctor, antibiotics and throat infection. She doesn't complain (in terms of sickness) much and we just thought she had a cold. We were planning a trip to Tauranga and I was getting everyone ready this morning, starting to think about packing our bags and vomit all over the table. So that put an end to that. I figured a new skirt would make her a happy lass and it seems to have. Got her out of her PJ's.

I want to start on my next quilt, but my husband is home on leave this week and I don't think he will "get" me starting another one. I am thinking of using this one though. I think I need two floor quilts for Greta. Then when one is in the wash I can use the other one. She spills a whole lot more than the others, so a back up would be most useful :)

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment