Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hat Number two

This hat pattern, I have never been happy with it. A couple years back I made an extra large for Ryan, way too small, had to give it away. I have managed to make Adele one that fitted but this one, well the pictures will speak for themselves. I used the pattern Butterick B5056. There are some cute options but I think from extra small to extra large the hats will only ever fit a 12 month to maybe 18 month old. It was a little bit frustrating to finish a project and then it not fit. At least it was too big and she will grown into it. Nothing worse than some thing being too small and never going to fit.


The hat comes together nice and easy and is rather quick to make. The fabric is obviously the same as the fabric to Adele's hat, Amy Butler's Gypsy Caravan. This time I did the lining out some plain pink I had. You can just see a tiny peek of it in the next photo. For two fabrics out of two different lines it matches pretty well.



Our baby is growing so fast. I can't believe she is already over a month old.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment