Monday, October 8, 2012

Another Scrappy Quilt

I came across this quilt along on, well it seems I can't find it. Darn! But it was a quilt a long from either earlier this year or some time last year. I thought it was such a great design, had a wee look on the Flickr group and found a slightly different combo that I fell in  love with.

I had cut a couple of hundred (no lie there) 2.5 inch squares a week or so ago. The pattern required 3.5 inch squares so I just adapted the pattern sizing and made a start. The pink was meant to be 7.5 by 3.5 so I made mine 5.5 by 2.5 and I am really liking how it is coming along. The colours are popping and the pink makes it look quite summery.

I didn't want my Blogtober to just numerous post of the same projects but Adele has still been sick today so I haven't been able to get as much done as I had hoped and I am pretty sure I can make a good push and finish the top off tonight.


Four rows down, will be 17 in total. See the left over dark blue squares in the back ground, I have a plan for them. I think the bulk of the squares are Riley Blake Sugar and Spice, there is one Amy Butler, the blue spots and a couple of generic spots coming up. I have had this tucked away in a drawer for ages, I think I made a frog out of it.


70 little blocks ready for sewing.


The left over squares. I have a plan for them too. I must admit though I am getting a bit over coming up with plans for 2.5 inch squares. One more and then I think I will take a bit of a break from them. I brought another Aneely Charm Park and I really want to use that. Plus I have been invited to have a stall at a Fundraiser at the end of the month which means I should be sewing merino not baby quilts (that I may not need).

I will find the blog I got the idea off and post it tomorrow.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment