Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fabric Storage Bowls

I have been reading a bunch of the other Blogtober blogs and came across this wee tutorial for some fabric bowls. I have seen them before but never really known what I would need one for. All of Adele's hair ties and bangles and her "stuff" is stored in one of my containers, a Tupperware too. I sort of wanted it back, it is a freezable one. I am planning on making a big batch of soup so I really need it back. Finally I had a purpose for a fabric bowl.


See, perfect for all things girlie.



She loves it so much that it is not used to house her hair ties, but is her purse and carries her toy money and other toy treasures. The hair ties are all over the floor in her bed room. Not going to plan at all.

http://www.aspoonfulofsugardesigns.com/2011/03/tutorial-gathered-round-basket.html

I used this tutorial. It is perfect. The only thing I did different was the size. I think she said a small plate to make the circle. I used the biggest I could find, a dinner plate. You can get two out of a fat quarter, I guess it is lucky as today I can make one FOR THE HAIR TIES! Yeah I am a bit cross they are all over the floor.

The fabric is a fat quarter from the Disney range and the lining is a piece of flannel with crowns on it. Even though I don't have a beautiful stash of millions of fabrics, I am finding that I can make do with what I have. And most of the time the kids don't care what it is made of, just that they have one. Of course now I have some plans for Ryan. One for his Star Wars figures as they end up all over the floor.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment