Saturday, October 6, 2012

Blue Quilt Finished

From yesterday to today I have managed to finish the blue quilt including quilting. I haven't bound it yet as I am still trying to choose between a plain white or a shade of blue. I have been chipping away at it all day in between looking after the kids and doing chores. I managed to scrub the heck out of the bathroom, en suite and the toilet. There rest of the house is a mess but we have pristine bathrooms.

The quilt, it is 2.5 inch squares out of all the blue scraps I could find. Finally I seem to be seeing the end of them. I have another project in the works for the turquoise scraps. To be part of this quilt it had to be blue. Though towards the end I was getting to many of the same prints so a few sort of strange ones made the cut. But they look fine once in the mix. I am so pleased with how it looks. Adele walked inside and saw it, stopped and was "I love this mum" then her and Ryan sat down and looked at the fabrics and pointed out "their" ones and what they had been used in.

I was lucky enough to find a piece large enough to be a complete backing. I was rather unsure how  I was going to back it but this solved my problem. I love it how a project evolves when you don't really have a plan. I was thinking of making a bit of a patchwork backing.


So just the binding to go and then all done. I like it a lot.

Now I cut all the squares, then I sewed into pairs then fours. Took the fours and made blocks of four. Came together so quickly. I thought it would take for ever and ever but very surprised I finished it today. Which was lucky as I had nothing else to blog about. 31 days of blogging in a row is going to be tricky as I want to blog about craft or baking. whew!!!!

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment